- I am using a sobriety counter (and would love to know how to install one on this blog)
- I have my face holding my last glass of booze grinning like a banshee at me every time I open my lap top and it is my right arm
- I had a little ceremony to mark the beginning of my new sober life
- I have a shrine dedicated to my sobriety
- I have asked for help on my favourite cyber sober group mywayout.org
- I have asked Belle from the 100 day Challenge blog for help and she is coming through big time
- I actually asked a cyber sober friend if we could talk one on one and we did; she is a successful abstainer and a unwavering supporter of me for some reason
- I told my meditation partner and she's tough... says it like it is.
- I put a note on my phone listing all the reasons to stay sober and I am to read this list before taking the first drink
- I've been juicing every day
Ok, so that's what I did differently. Now, let's see ... What I am doing the same as before when I eventually relapsed that I might want to consider changing:
- I am drinking minimal amounts of liquids besides coffee and my morning juice; I will top that up in order to stay hydrated
- I still have booze in the house. The last 2 boxes of wine were leftovers (Duh??) from an evening my daughter hosted and she gave them to me. I've given one to my DIL and when hubby finishes the red (yikes) I will not be buying any; I hardly ever do and I'll make a point of not doing so.
- I have not found a replacement drink ever that I really love; any suggestions?
That's all I can think of right now. Any feedback or reminders? I feel like you know me better than my flesh and blood friends. LOL...