Little two year old grandson off to the hospital for the removal of a hernia. His parents are beside themselves with worry. I am not so much as he is the fourth grandchild of four to get anesthetized in the past two years. He will be fine.
Today I drop Mom off at her baby brother's (83 to her 85) for the weekend. Then hubby and I will head to the lake hopefully to escape the crazy household we call home. I love the chaos and the little ones but hubby really appreciates the relaxation he gets away from it all. I do too come to think of it. We have the best of both worlds.
Appreciation: I must say I am feeling grateful for so many things right now:
- my husband who works so hard to keep the family business up and running and remains happy, sexy and fun all the while
- my children who I've seen so much more of since I moved back to Ontario from Quebec; they are all doing well and riding the waves of new parenthood with common sense and patience
- my grandchildren; need I say more (and you must be glad I didn't)
- my health - I went in to get my blood pressure checked as I am the only one of five siblings who is not on BP meds (I'm one of the oldest) and it has gone DOWN!! due to meditation, near abstinence and not as much deep fried food since we've stopped eating out as much
- my home - our newly built home is breezy due to all the windows and we have lots of plants and flowers planted now due to all the neighbors donations. Last night I looked outside and my neighbors were in my backyard planting raspberries they'd rescued for me as they knew I wanted some... talk about wonderful people
- my sober cyber community - I feel so blessed to have people who I've never met who are generally interested in my well being and I find myself concerned for theirs as well; who knew these kinds of connections could be had online
- my meditation buddy - she is consistently present and a genuine seeking soul who keeps me interested in continuing my spiritual journey
- nature - I've only a 1 minute walk to the riverbank and it's brimming with nature, trees, birds, beavers, ducks, herons, geese, deer and now, unfortunately a big male black bear...
I will stop because I am hungry for breakfast. Have a great weekend peeps!