Wednesday 27 May 2015

Choices

It's finally happening.  My life has taken on an orderly dimension that has everything to do with taking it into my own hands and controlling the actions I choose to take.  Meditation has helped enormously.

By choosing to go to bed sober each night, I have the pleasure of waking with excitement and enthusiasm.

By choosing to remain 'awake' during the day, I accomplish tasks that are on my list of things to do.

By choosing to 'eat the frog' I have a clean desk and no pile of filing awaiting me in the office.

By choosing to not take things personally, I am living a life of acceptance and understanding.

By choosing to not worry about what will be, I am better able to stay focused on the present, glorious moment.

By choosing to engage with my grandchildren, I am developing a life long relationship that will benefit all of us.

By choosing to watch my words, I am finding myself suppressing negative chatter that once used to spew forth in a black cloud of gossip.

By choosing to spend time on personal grooming, I am attracting smiles and positive comments rather than living the invisible life of the middle aged woman.

By choosing to keep a tidy home I am able to enjoy resting with no feelings of guilt or anxiety about what needs to be done next.

By choosing to exercise, I am feeling energized and self-satisfied.

By choosing happiness, I am happy.

Life is about choices and right now, with sobriety, meditation and cultivating a nurturing friendship I am able to make choices that positively effect my life.

I could not have said this six months ago.

Thank you Thank you Thank you!! You know who you are!

3 comments:

  1. I love this! What a great way to live. I need to save this post and try to live by these words.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great post! You sound like you are in a really good place Deb. I hope I find this peace and acceptance myself one day. I am so happy for you. A x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Deb,
    I like how you have made everything seem so simple and within reach - just by making the right choice.
    Thanks Bren

    ReplyDelete