Thursday 17 July 2014

Following my 'plan'

Just a short note to say that after posting this morning, I actually followed through on my new habit.  I clicked on Tara Brach's icon (thanks Mrs. D) to start reading more about her meditation podcasts.  Last night I had downloaded a few, so, remembering my plan, I put the earphones on, sat comfortably and meditated to her soothing words.  It was the best meditation I ever experienced as my monkey mind usually keeps interrupting.  Her tone, words, many suggestions and silences guided me for close to half an hour.  I felt refreshed, alive, aware and quite happy when I was done.

I immediately put on my spandex and headed to the trail to take in nature.  I began and ended my short trek by enjoying the explosion of ripe raspberries at the mouth of the path.

I now have work to do but will do it with two less nagging thoughts niggling in my little, ego dominated mind.

No plans except to jump in the shower, wash off the bug spray and get my work done with no more procrastination .. or at least less..

Bye for now..

2 comments:

  1. love Tara!!!!! She makes me cope better with the complexities of my mind and this crazy world of ours filled with so many complex humans… xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looked her up thanks to one of your posts..Thx. Very excited about all you stand for and your reaching a goal attainable by few: making a real difference in the world. What more can one ask for?

    ReplyDelete