Wednesday 30 April 2014

If I Can Make it a Little While Longer...

Right now, it's tough to be sober as I am temporarily residing in a commercial condominium AKA living at work.  We run a family construction business and have sold our home recently.  Luckily we have the shop downstairs to store our furniture, etc. and we have a pull out couch in the main area of the office, a little kitchenette, shower and toilet.  It's pretty rudimentary and very boring.  I have nothing much to do except the little bit of office work I do daily and surfing the net.  I have my trusty rusty rebounder leaning up against a wall and as per a few posts ago, must get moving in order to meet some of my sobriety goals.  The good news is I am still not drinking. 

We have submitted our building application and should be given the green light to dig the hole to begin construction in less than a month.  We plan on moving a trailer to the property and staying there during the week to keep an eye on the work and material.  On the weekends, we will commute to the lake house. The view from the verandah is my cover photo.  It's been a drinking, partying place these past two summers but with the four little ones that have appeared in the past three years, things have toned down significantly which is another reason for me to abstain. 

While my husband and I really enjoy each other's company I am alone for hours at a time.  After we move to our construction site I will keep myself busy during my time alone with community involvement, family, making new friends and other such fun. 

I am so anxious for my husband and I to have a home again and to begin this new chapter of our life together.

So hurry up Summer!!  I am hanging on by a thread!!

No comments:

Post a Comment