Tuesday 17 March 2015

Feeling Groovy

Life is good.  Life is, actually, fantastic.  It is not because everything is going perfectly, which happens to be the case.  Rather, it's because I have chosen happiness.  I tend to be a positive person with sprinklings of self-loathing interspersed here and there.  I remain positive but the negative self talk has ebbed to the point where it's absence is making way for pure joy.

I am taking pleasure in the little accomplishments I achieve.  I am forgiving of my lapses in judgement (no, I am NOT drinking).  Each day I manage to check a goal off my list of small daily goals.  By setting very achievable daily goals, my chances of success are high and this makes for a happy Granny.

Spring is in the air ... we still have tons of snow but it's starting to melt and the maple sap is starting to flow.  We've had a record breaking cold winter and we are all so ready to enjoy our five months of warm weather.

Being A/F is the best choice for me.  Each time I have flirted with the idea of moderating, I drink more than one and even if I only have had three glasses of wine, it drastically affects my sleep and my hydration.  After so many attempts at drinking, I think the boozing hat is permanently put on a shelf.  It's been a little while now and it feels good.

Since my son and DIL have been living with me (with their 20 month old sweetie) we've been eating like kings.  I'm having a bit of a hard time dropping my holiday weight and hope to shed these remaining 8 pounds before bathing suit season.  Walking and rebounding are my preferred exercise.

I finally bit the bullet and applied to volunteer at a Hospice for those battling life threatening diseases.  The church where the hospice is run is a short walk from my house so that should make it easy to keep my commitment.  I am anxious to start the work.

Here's hoping that spring has sprung where you hale from!!  I know some of you are heading towards winter.  Sigh ...

5 comments:

  1. Yay! Must be fun to have granddaughter living with you....
    You must be proud to be a sober gramma!
    Nice to hear you're doing well. Focus on health and love.....and nothing can go wrong.
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Deb
    Just letting you know you're in my thoughts.....not sure why, but I think of you often and hope and pray that you are okay.
    hugs
    Jen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there, just checking in, hope all's well x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Deb,
    I really miss your posts. You are a wonderful and heartfelt writer, and your posts always help and inspire me. Yes, even the ones where you talk about going back to drinking. The journey of dealing with any addiction is about the whole catastrophe, I wish you sanity, safety, and happiness! Looking forward to your return, may it be soon.
    Diana from Indiana

    ReplyDelete