Monday 2 June 2014

Looking Radiant If I Do Say So Myself!

Have got my hands on a photo or two taken this weekend at the lake house with the grandchildren and the formerly, ever present glass of wine is obviously missing as well as the sallow skin, bloodshot eyes, discoloured teeth and dishevelled appearance.  Rather I am positively glowing inside and out.

Mary Lou McAuley's photo.

This morning I got up to watch the sun rise on the water and felt alive, happy and vibrant. 

What a beautiful morning!

I feel absolutely no deprivation; only euphoria and commitment to being the best I can be.  I managed to have a quiet meditation last night (imagine doing anything at night...) after preparing the coffee for this morning, making a cup of mint tea and tidying up.

I look forward to a busy few months readying our property for building, moving and settling in.  Nothing seems overwhelming.

My son is following in my abstinent footsteps and this makes me so happy.  He was headed for a terrible alcohol related accident or illness or death.  His journey has begun and for that I am so grateful.

xo

3 comments:

  1. Loving the new haircut.

    Your blog is fantastic. For its honesty, its courage.

    best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG that is great news about your son! And great news about your move! And great news about your glowing feeling.. sounds to me like you are on a bit of a pink cloud.. ride the wave baby!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete