Friday 6 February 2015

White Hair and PMS - what's wrong with this picture?

I am finding it difficult to post lately but thought I should because when I stop posting, I invevitably, start drinking soon thereafter.

I was zooming along through life until mother nature whacked me in the head.  I've just gotten through a crazy menopause period which means it was proceeded by a couple of months of nothing, then a week of severe PMS and then it hit me with a messy, crampy vengeance.  At 58, you would think I was done with this crap.

All this to say, my mood has been down and a little self-critical.  The inertia I feel when I am feeling the effects of PMS are unnerving.  I also can't seem to shed the 10 pounds I put on at Christmas.  Usually when I abstain the weight just falls off me.  Not this time.  Oh well, I may be meant to carry this old lady weight around for the rest of my days.

I also have finally let my natural white hair just be.  It's been a three or four month process but I finally found a hairdresser who helped me transition from dyed black hair to my natural white with grace and elegance.  I absolutely love the look and have it short and spiky... very chic if I do say so myself.

Lots of interaction with the grandchildren lately which makes me happy.  Today my pregnant daughter has an ultrasound and I am watching her 8 month old who is in the throes of teething.

I have a couple from my past drinking life coming for dinner and a sleep over on Saturday so I must prepare for the drunken debauchery that will ensue.  Right now I feel that nothing can touch my sobriety....

The weather involves deep, beautiful snow and with all the windows in this house, it's picture perfect.  I have yet to put on my snowshoes and go for a walk but I hope to soon.

My 6:00 a.m. meditations have been a Godsend and they are sustaining me through a lot of self-doubt and insecurities that I have no business feeling.

Have a lovely weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment