Saturday 21 February 2015

So Far So Good

Thanks to the people who felt the calling to set me straight yesterday.  I am not out of the woods yet but I haven't drank.  Tonight we are heading to the lake house and having a romantic evening.  If I hadn't blogged about my impending relapse yesterday, I would be buying the bottle of red myself. Hubby will still buy it but I am thinking that I might have the presence of mind to abstain.  I may not.

I am not toying with the idea of drinking; it's something different.  It's as if a part of my brain that was so proud of my 40+ days A/F has disappeared.  In it's place is an ambivalent imposter.  That little monkey demon: He's there; I am aware of him whispering to me.  He has not left the building.  But being aware and posting about it, getting your feedback and talking about it this morning with my meditation partner honestly may just circumvent the inevitable relapse.

One thing I do know: if I do decide to drink, I will be starting another day one.  It may not be for days.  It may not be for weeks or months, but it will happen.

As Mrs. D says "Booze is dumb and all the cool people are sober."  Truer words were never spoken.

I came so close to drinking last night that the universe had to have had a hand in my sobriety.  I won't go into detail but I cannot take any credit for my sobriety this morning.  But this morning, I think I am getting my sober mojo back.

Heading off to the lake house with hubby and at this moment I have no plans to drink.

Again, Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

4 comments:

  1. Super news!! You are a strong rock granny!! You are teaching your grandchildren and the people who are in your life (including us) that anything is possible and sometimes we just have to rely on the higher power or universe to help us through our crises!!!
    Keep breathing and darn that lake house sounds lovely.... xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you made it through. Enjoy your romantic evening. I like that: All the cool people are sober. So we are. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hanging in there. Still plodding along. Lots of kid issues right now.

    ReplyDelete