Monday 25 August 2014

Belle's Bracelet

I ordered one of the bracelets that Belle of 'Tired of Thinking About Drinking' sells.  They are called the 'F&%k You Wolfie' bracelets.  They have a few charms on them.  There's a shovel for hitting Wolfie (our monkey mind) on the head when he pisses us off and it's also useful for burying him too.  An ampersand (@) to remind us of our internet sober support group.  Let's see ... there's a light house so we can find our way. A teal blue miniature tea cup is next which I love because tea has become my healthy addiction and all my jewellery is teal.  A star represents sleep but I see the star as my new spiritual journey into conscious living... and a little bell for guess who... (Belle, if you were a little stunned).

It's lovely and I've kept it on from the moment I opened the package in the post office of the little town we've moved to.  When I first tried it on, I thought that it was a little too jangly on my wrist and that it would irritate me. It reliably tinkles audibly each time you move your wrist.    I wanted to see if I could get used to it.  It seems I can't.  My first instinct was to remove it, put it on a shelf or in a drawer and promptly forget about it.  But then I started thinking...

This 'Belle' is a real smart cookie.  She designed and made these little tinker bells to keep us aware of our sobriety.  I put it on my left, dominant hand and now I'm glad I did.  The tinkling will be a constant reminder that I am part of the sober, authentic world now.  I don't want to get used to it.  The pretty little thin band with the symbols of my new, progressive life will stay on my wrist and tinkle to it's heart's content. 

Thanks Belle

4 comments:

  1. I'd like to see your bracelet. Can you post a picture?

    Thanks, Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  2. So I found the bracelet on the site but they are currently out of them. If you don't mind my asking, what did did it cost? Might need to get one for my 120 day self-gift. :) Ginger

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Ginger, sorry I've not posted a photo. I've been at the hospital for the past few days with my godfather who is suffering with angina. They cost in the $50 range which may seem a bit pricey but it is more of a donation to her site and well worth it for all she does for us struggling soberists. Maybe you Americans will pay a little less. They are sent from Europe where Belle lives. Order a few weeks before you want it because it takes a long time to arrive.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have read your blog it is very helpful for me. I want to say thanks to you. I have bookmark your site for future updates.
    Germanium necklaces

    ReplyDelete