Friday 1 August 2014

Beware of Italian Restaurants

I came as close as I have ever come to having a glass of wine last night.  We were at an Italian restaurant as our favourite sushi establishment next door had closed down permanently much to our disappointment.

It was your typical Italian Eatery, heavy on the burgundies and table cloths.  The wine was everywhere; open wine racks displaying deep red bottles of poison, bottles or carafes on every table in sight and the waitress immediately suggested wine when she arrived at our table to take our order.

I was prepared though, because my inner battle had been fought from the moment we sat down and settled by the time the waitress appeared.  But it was touch and go for a few moments.  As soon as the menu arrived, I whispered to hubby that I really wanted a glass of wine.  I went through the long term scenario in my head which took all of a few seconds and rejected the idea.  In a typically male, supportive way, he went ahead and ordered one for himself.  Even the waitress looked a little disgusted when I ordered soda and lime.

When his arrived I stuck my finger in it and licked it to confirm what I already knew.  The first sip tastes like vinegar.. and it did.  Three or four glasses later, it would have been delicious. 

Did not go there.  Thank Gawd.

3 comments:

  1. Shit!!!!!!!!!!! Great that you thought the first sip through. We don't need that stuff to make delicious meals with husbands more lovely that they innately are. Stay strong Granny! Sending love...xxx haven't commented for a while but always reading xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well done. It shows it does not matter how long you have been sober the monkey on your shoulder is waiting patiently doing push ups - just waiting. You did so well.

    Love Cherie xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome post .i hope everybody will like your post

    ReplyDelete