Wednesday 26 November 2014

DAY THREE ... Finally Time Alone !

The box o' wine was brought upstairs by hubby at dinner time.  I wanted some.  I resisted.  I made myself a lemon water.  I love lemon water.  Every one asked "Why was the wine downstairs."  I quietly said "So I don't have to look at it and be tempted."  No one paid much attention.

For the past five years before we decided on the big move, I have had the luxury of time alone every day.  These past ten months have been quite the adjustment.  Finally, my Mother is going home Saturday.  Then, for the first time in ages, I'll have relative quiet from 8:40 a.m. until about 3:30 p.m. during the weekdays.

What mischief I will get into!!  Besides playing the keyboard to my heart's content, knitting like there's no tomorrow, immersing myself in nature, cooking delicious, healthy food and writing a novel I do have some practical plans as well.

Firstly, I'll take time each morning for quiet work in the office to ensure we stay compliant with all our clients and the work keeps coming in.  Secondly, I'll take special care of myself and my home ensuring we are both clean, tidy and dressed up every day.  Thirdly, I'll take time for reading, meditation and gently exercising.

Ahhhh !!!  You never appreciate anything until it's gone and I've really missed my solitude.

I would like to take this opportunity to slowly integrate the life I want to live into the sphere of my reality.  I finally want to end the cycle of planning, hoping and dreaming and replace it with the thrill of doing, experiencing and living.

I've written about putting no pressure on myself to make other healthy changes while trying to get sober.  As Dr. Phil asks "How's that been working out for you?" 'Not very well' is the answer.  I've just managed to over-indulge in my other addictions and eventually succumb to what my unchanged lifestyle directs me towards.

Without boring you with the details, starting Monday, I plan on, not just talking the talk, but, truly walking the walk of an aware, authentic, health-minded, serene, community involved, wise old doll.

I'll keep you posted.

No comments:

Post a Comment