Friday 28 November 2014

Day Two... reporting in

This morning I managed to get up early, have a lime and water, meditate, jump on my rebounder, make a kale blueberry smoothie and read a bit of literature.

I feel great just because I got that little bit done.

My mother took advantage of it being her last day of freedom to sleep in and didn't get up until I poked her at 11:45.  I had started to worry that she had passed away in her sleep.  When she gets back to the retirement home she'll be nudged at 6:45 each morning so I was glad to see her sleeping in.

We drive her to Toronto tomorrow and I am not sure whether I will be able to post while I'm away but I'll try.

Lately my knees have been protesting when I squat down and try to get up so it's really about time I reconnected with my trusty, rusty rebounder.  It is a wonderful way to get in shape with minimal effort.  I want to work up to half an hour a day of jumping.  If I can incorporate this practice into my life, I might just be around to piss my kids off for many years to come.

The meditation is essential in order for me to complete any goal I might aspire to.  It really stills the mind and allows me to focus inward.

I have about one hundred unread books on my bookshelf.  I can't wait to dive in and read for a couple of hours a day.  I seem to stop reading when I am unsettled or unhappy.  I am not unhappy right now but definitely at the end of a very unsettling time in my life.

Will check in soon. xox


1 comment:

  1. You sound good! With your Mom gone I know you can stay focused on your plan of self care. Exercise is so important so put yourself first!

    ReplyDelete