Tuesday 25 November 2014

DAY TWO - AS PROMISED

With the wine in the basement, no one drank last night with the exception of my Mother who would never not drink.  Methinks, with the others, it is I who is the bad influence.  :-(

After making two suppers because some of the family doesn't like liver and onions and it's my Mom's favourite meal (always sucking up to the old doll), the dishwasher was full and a the counter top was laden with filthy dishes, bacon grease and what have you.  Hubby went through the motions of 'cleaning up' by taking the dishes off the table but, as usual, it was left to me to sort things out.  If I had had even one glass of wine, I would have left the mess until this morning.  Instead I did the dishes by hand, dried them rather than leaving them to air dry, made hubby a nice lunch, prepared the coffee for the next day, sliced my Mom a piece of cake and made tea for both of us.

By the time I sat down with my mindless TV, it was close to nine o'clock.  When hubby announced he was going to bed, I went with him instead of staying up late.  This helped this morning as I was able to get out of bed that much earlier which is part of my recovery... having a day started on the right foot.

We had unseasonably warm, very windy weather yesterday and the huge pine trees in our yard were swaying dangerously but the air outside was electric with life.  I enjoyed spending a bit of time on the veranda just soaking up the wildness of the wind.  It was very stimulating.

This morning I was able to snatch a few minutes to read some Buddhist teachings about meditation before the old doll got up and I began the toast and coffee routine with her.  She leaves Saturday and I am pleasantly surprised at how pleasant her visit has been.  Although she is very quiet and aggressive with her walker when people are in her way, she is no trouble at all. I'll be driving her back to Toronto on the weekend.

I have to now put in a good hour of work before taking a break.  Nose to the grindstone!!


No comments:

Post a Comment