Monday 15 September 2014

Getting My Mojo Back

I did not drink last night and it felt like a day one... not like a skipped day of drinking.  I am starting to feel my old resolve coming back.  I also have a bad cold.  Not sure if those two things are connected.

So far my daughter is the only one who is dissapointed that I drank.  She said "Mom you were doing so well." when I told her.  I felt happy that, at least someone, was rooting for me to stop.

I have a friend, Martine, who is trying to make a better life for herself too and she has started reading this blog and sent me some heartwarming words that mean a lot.  She knows the battle us former partyers have to face when we stop.  She is still living in the world of beer and wine whereas for me, here in Ontario, the pressure isn't half as severe.  If she can do it, I can !!

Today I have an appointment at the foot doctors and I can't wait to resolve my chronic sore feet problem.  Every time I want to walk anywhere my feet kill me.  I know this has added to my depression and tendency to drink.

My husband and I talked about saving the company by selling our lake house and it sounds appealing to me.  It's a two hour drive and we spend a fortune there not only on food but on gas for the boats, repairs, heating, etc.  I am heading towards simplifying my life and this is a positive step in that direction.  In the spring, once we've settled in our new home and emptied the lake house of what we want to keep, we'll put it on the market furnished.  We hope to be able to live comfortably once we sell it and I will make my life's mission to live moderately, simply and frugally.

Everything happens for a reason and I think we are both in favour of selling off the toys and the lake house because that's where we are in our lives.  So the timing is good.

I must jump in the shower to smell pretty for the foot doctor.

xoxo




1 comment:

  1. Thank you for posting. I've been so concerned about you. Deb, you can and will do this in your own time. The stressors you are dealing with will get better. Sounds like you are putting together a plan. Good luck at the doc today. Let us know how it goes. Please take care and post when time permits. Please contact me if you want. Ginger

    ReplyDelete