Friday 16 January 2015

Alone ... Ahhh !

Hubby and I are having a rare opportunity tonight.  We are alone.  Since we moved here from our Quebec secluded cottage in the woods we're never alone.  Won't go into detail about where everyone is but it's a candlelight, fancy dinner, make love night .. not necessarily in that order.

Hubby's having his after 'wrestling match' nap right now and I am going to make a lovely, late dinner of of bay scallops, gourmet fusuli, roasted garlic, an assortment of mushrooms and whatever green veggie I can dig up.  We now have a Whole Foods store in the region and we treated ourselves to a shopping trip yesterday after the funeral.  We bought all the fancy dancy ingredients for a weekend of deliciousness.

Tomorrow and Sunday nights we'll also be alone so we'll have an opportunity to rekindle the old days of romance and one on one conversations. My hubby is sometimes a little overwhelmed by the sudden immersion of my kids and their kids but surprisingly loves the grandchildren and is even trying to teach a few of them French.  I am very happy with this busy life and hope that it is enough to sustain my sobriety.

No urge to splurge on booze tonight.  I am very content with an A/F beer and some tea.

Well, I must go print the recipe I'm going to doctor tonight.  Have a great, sober evening.

 

1 comment:

  1. Hi I just called by to say I love reading your blog. I love the way you write and think about your spirituality. I also love hearing about your homeland and family. I live many miles away in the north of England but we are joined across the miles by similarities in our age, I am a granny too and of course amour striving for sobriety. I am 215 days sober today and the on line community of Soberistas carries me along.

    Thank you for sharing.

    Jess xx

    ReplyDelete