Tuesday 27 October 2015

And A Big Thanks Goes to .... Alcoholism!!

Thank you alcoholism!  I mean it from the bottom of my heart.  You have given me so much.  I can't begin to name all that you've done for me but I'll try.

With deepest gratitude I thank you for the following:

... for interrupting my long years of nothingness in that my awareness of your presence was the first of many awakenings I've experienced since

... for teaching me humility in my weakness while forcing me to develop strengths I never knew I had

... for pushing me to the knowledge that my body is the temple of my soul and that both are easily damaged but are capable of full repair with self nurturing

... for making me think, really think about who I am and what my purpose is in this vast universe of energy I am part of

... for creating a pressing need in me to reach a goal so psychologically challenging that, if attained, will, invariably, open the door to limitless possibilities and opportunities

... for showing me that there is a sub-culture of searching souls that exist beyond the facade of living a normal, hectic life

... for bringing me to a place where, by acknowledging you and slowly healing myself of your active symptoms I have began taking baby steps in experiencing the 'art of real living' in that I am now knitting a baby blue sweater for my two year old grandson, playing my keyboard by ear with two hands while taking theory lessons, attending aquafit classes, yoga sessions, Women's Moon Gatherings, Sweat Lodges.  I am walking on wooded trails with my grandkids, cooking vegan meals, juicing, rebounding, taking long, luxurious baths, wearing makeup, shaving my armpits ... and the list goes on.

Thank you so much Alcoholism for crushing the husk of my hardened soul and allowing the seed of awareness to germinate and grow.

No comments:

Post a Comment