Sunday 5 October 2014

Typical Cloud Nine Sunday Morning Post

I feel like a wind up toy... back to feeling blessed, fulfilled, happy and content with my sobriety. When will the feelings of doom, sadness, lack and discontentment rear their ugly heads?  I don't know but I'd better be ready.

I seem to get right onto cloud nine when I am successfully living without wine.  I seem to drop into deep despair after, even one glass of the red.  I can coast along soberly for a period of time and then begin the feelings of longing and 'just the one' start niggling at me.

Oh, well, I'm enjoying today and isn't what this new age philosophy is all about?  I have a new joy in my life too.  I'm really happy with my yoga class and want to dive in and practice as much as I can.

We are finally sleeping in the almost finished house... and just in time as the thermometer is dipping close to the zero freezing mark lately at night.  We set up a futon on the plywood in the spare bedroom and it's very comfortable.

Last night we sat on lawn chairs under the future dining room light fixture and ate take out Chinese food.  Hubby had a few glasses of red and I sipped my tea quite contentedly.  We listened to music and enjoyed one of our frequent romantic evenings.  I am so happy that I took the time during my last, long, sober stretch to download lots of songs to my phone and set up playlists such as romantic, which we played last night, and others which I called dancing, exercising and meditating music.

Hoping to string a few months together, starting with a few days along with my friends who've been so kind with their comments and empathy.  We all have so much in common.  KT, Anonymous, etc. stay close and absorb my positive energy as I definitely feel that same energy bouncing back to me.

If I keep up the new yogic lifestyle, maybe I can last longer this time...

4 comments:

  1. I agree that yoga is part of the sobriety solution and I know it will help you stay on track. Yes we all wonder what day the monster who says we can have just one will rear his ugly head but if we all stay supportive of each other we will get through it...strength in numbere!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great post. Glad you had a good day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love autumn, snuggling down in front of the fire. Turns out you don't need wine to make a fire glow. Glad you're feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You can keep those feelings by forgoing the booze. It's alcohol that lets the bad feelings return. Stay sober! It's so much better!

    ReplyDelete