Monday 26 May 2014

Broke My Own Record

I am now embarking on new territory in that I've never knowingly abstained for more than thirty days and I am a few days past that now.  I am still in honeymoon mode as I am not tempted whatsoever... That being said I went to a wedding on Saturday and everyone was drinking what they described as fantastic red wine.  Because I felt a little left out (the girls at the table were not including me more due to seating arrangements than any other reason) I was a bit wistful and actually dumped the remainder of hubby's cute little half bottle into his glass saying I was sick of looking at it and it needed to disappear.  While I was discouraged, I never, once considered drinking.  I was a little annoyed at the situation.  Loved Sunday morning though.

Sunday our neighbor at our property where we are building came over with some home made beer for hubby and a half bottle of home made wine for me.  He was the classic example of a drink pusher.  He would not take no for an answer.  I ended up letting him pour me a bit (an ounce) and filling my glass up with sparkling grape juice.

Whether anyone reading this agrees or not, I do not consider that a slip.  I was not even a bit tempted to drink and will have a good talk with him if he tries that stunt again. 

I am not able to blog as much as I would like because we have no internet access on the property.  I am working on it. 

Staying sober and loving life.  When will Wolfie make his appearance.  He is hiding in the shadows right now. 

2 comments:

  1. Your neighbour sounds a pain. I suppose he's trying to be friendly, and also he's made you something so clearly you would be rude to say no, despite the fact that the thing he's made isn't something you'd like. A bit like putting the horrible wedding present ornament out on display when the person who gave it to you comes to visit. There are small amounts of alcohol in lots of things - medicine, mouthwash, live yoghurt. You weren't drunk and you haven't done yourself any harm, you didn't even want it. If this was about an ounce of grog in the bottom of half a pint of juice, you wouldn't need to abstain at all. I can understand the idea that you should be strong enough to just say 'no' and mean it, but equally, sometimes it's just easier to make the problem go away, and why the hell should you have to explain yourself to a pushy neighbour? I'd probably have done the same. I expect Wolfie will turn up, but you don't have to do anything about him, just ignore him until he gets bored. He's hanging round mine at the moment, so you're probably safe for a bit xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, thanks for the support. I appreciate it. I just wish I had internet access as right now I need to blog, to post, to talk to you and others like us. I am 'borrowing' internet right now, again tomorrow and won't have it again until Monday at the earliest. Oh well. I stay connected on my android but will not attempt to post anything lengthy on that small keyboard. Not tempted to drink at all right now. KT, hope you are doing awesome!!

      Delete